Having a healthy sex life is quite simply, one of the best things you can do for yourself! Recent studies have shown that having a good sex life can extend your lifespan radically and that by simply having sex regularly as much as once or twice per week, it’s a very healthy habit to commit to for a person’s overall mental, physical, and immune health.
Just like eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly, having a regular amount of sex in your life can naturally help you feel healthy, happy, and more positive in your life. There is an astounding amount of benefits towards having a healthy sex life.
Look at this list of benefits for both men and women who regularly have sex (including masturbation if you are alone) throughout their lifetime:
- Stronger immune system and cardiovascular system
- Better sleep
- Less headaches
- Helps with stress and/or anxiety
Benefits for men having regular sex are:
- Less risk of developing prostate cancer
- Reduced mortality rate
- Improve the quality and health of your sperm
Benefits for women having regular sex are:
- Having regular orgasms increases the blood flow and releases natural pain-relieving chemicals.
- Improve bladder control
- Reduce incontinence
- Relieve menstrual and premenstrual cramps
- Improve fertility
- Build stronger pelvic muscles
- Help produce more vaginal lubrication
- Potentially protect you against endometriosis
- Help to strengthen a woman’s pelvic floor
- Being active after menopause women are less likely to have significant vaginal atrophy, or the thinning of their vaginal walls.
So, if we get all these benefits from having regular sex then why are so many of us struggling with sex in our life? And how can hypnotherapy help?
Isn’t it ironic that by regularly having sex it can increase your longevity in life but after a certain age so many of us struggle with ACTUALLY HAVING a healthy sex life?
Here are some reasons why it’s tough for some of us to regularly enjoy having sex:
- Having a low libido or low sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction or ED for many men is a big issue (no pun intended)
- Avoiding intimacy due to anxiety, stress or negative sexual experiences can dull your desire and arousal for intercourse.
- Premature ejaculation for some men because of anxiety and negative sexual memories attached to the act of sexual intercourse which can contribute to PE.
- Body-image issues can lead to the inability to orgasm due to anxiety, fear or low self-esteem.
- Various sexual disorders that prevent or reduce someone’s enjoyment of sex.
- Declining hormone levels and changes in neurological and circulatory functioning may lead to sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction or vaginal pain. The physical transformations your body undergoes as you age also have a major influence on your sexuality.
A famous quote made by American sex therapist, Dr. Ruth Westheimer a well-known media personality during 1980 to 1993, author of 45 books on sex and sexuality, and a famous radio, television talk show host is this,
“When it comes to sex, the most important six inches are the ones between the ears.”
Within our subconscious mind is the simple programing of these two distinct things and they are; 1) to always be on the alert for things that will give us pleasure and 2) how to avoid any types of pain or discomfort.
So, when it comes to having a healthy sex life, it comes down to finding any negative thought processes, sensory associations, and memories that are possible triggers of painful links with your sex life and replacing these thoughts, associations, and memories into something more positive and pleasurable regarding sex instead. It’s all those negative thoughts, associations, and memories that are making it difficult to have a healthy sex life because we innately want to avoid experiencing what our mind has now perceived as being possibly painful, embarrassing, humiliating, or uncomfortable.
It is because of how our subconscious mind works that it determines the development of positive or negative emotional issues surrounding sex and can undoubtably influence your physical performance. According to neuroscience there are parts of the brain that are directly involved in; penile erections, sexual urges, sensations of extreme pleasure, memories of sexual Intercourse, ovulation, uterine contractions and orgasms.
How can hypnosis help towards enjoying a healthy sex life?
- During hypnosis we help guide a person to relax their mind and body completely and then release all the pressures, worries, and tensions in their life so that they can accept themselves just as they are.
- Provide positive suggestions while in a trance state that are designed towards a reconnection with their basic sexual instincts so that it becomes easy again to relax with the idea of having an arousing sexual experience.
- Creating a hypnotic practice session in order to help the mind reframe any future sexual experiences into having more pleasurable romantic experience that is more spontaneous in nature so that the mind actually ‘remembers to forget and forgets to remember’ whatever it was that was bothering them before about having sex and just go with the flow allowing nature to take its course. Practice makes perfect after all.
Sometimes it may be somewhat embarrassing or sensitive for some of us to actually ‘talk about having sexual problems or issues’ especially with someone in an office environment, so we have a number of MP3 hypnosis downloads to help people get back to having a healthy sex life in the privacy of their own home. Go to our ‘Self-hypnosis Downloads’ page to select a MP3 that is right for you.
The benefits of using hypnotherapy to help you have a healthy sex life are:
- It’s easy to learn how to relax your mind and body and go back into your memory of all the good times you have had sexually and want to do that all over again no matter how old you are
- No costly drugs are needed, you only need to take the time and effort involved with wanting to learn how to enjoy sex all over again
- It can increase your self-confidence and self-awareness in the power of your own mind to make changes that will improve your life
By using hypnosis to simply improve your sex life, you are improving your longevity, health, and happiness for many, many, years to come.
What Our Clients Say
Before I meet with Tracey I was suffering from anxiety and mild depression. I tried many different treatments to help me get through it but hypnotherapy pushed me over the hump. After 3 session I started to feel like myself again. Happy, positive, focused and my anxious thoughts started to dissipate. Today I’m back to myself again and feeling great!