Hypnosis is a natural yet alerted state of mind, in which the conscious –critical part of the mind is relaxed and selective thinking is established. .Hypnotherapy is considered to be a type of complementary therapy to medical treatments. When a person is told that they have cancer there is a natural tendency for negative thoughts to dominate their thinking and for negative emotions to overpower them to the point of not being able to see beyond their recovery. This alone can contribute to an enormous level of anxiety and worry on top of the normal stresses of day-to-day life.
Because people are in a situation they never dreamed of and which they have not had to face before, they may feel over-reliant on others (doctor, consultant, and nursing staff) and feel they have lost control of their own lives. Hypnotherapy can at this point help clients in regaining that all-important sense of control and reducing the associated stress and anxiety of coping with cancer and allows the perspective of hopelessness to become one of hopefulness.
Hypnotherapy can help to re-establish your self-confidence, empower you in your dealings with others, and extend your focus as to what you want to do. Clients will be encouraged to think about their goals (in addition to recovery), and to consider these goals when using self-hypnosis. Establishing a powerful and positive goal is very important in the unconscious mind and will result in much better motivation, confidence, and healing.
Hypnotherapy with clients may be directed to many levels. Physical symptoms of cancer, the most common of which are pain and fatigue, and the physical effects of its treatment may be lessened or alleviated to enhance quality of life. Hypnotherapy can significantly help patients through medical procedures and operations.
Hypnotic techniques are used to reduce worry and to regulate sleep and other biological rhythms.
The primary goal of hypnotherapy as a compliment to medical cancer therapies is to return to the patient a feeling of control and a greater understanding of the body-mind connection. This creates the best holistic combination medicine can offer, coupled with the power of the subconscious mind. When someone faces a serious illness from an understanding that they are in control and are empowered by their medical treatment, the prospect of success, as well as their sense of overall wellbeing, is greatly improved.
Hypnotherapy will help you to:
- Learn the difference between what is a real threat or a perceived one.
- Help you to get back to that calm, comfortable, and in control state so that you can think clearly and efficiently.
- Help to guide you through hypnotic imagery to release any negative past memories that may be holding you back from living a free life.
- Give you the tools needed to help you with remaining calm even during stressful circumstances.
- Show you how to practice these new thinking patterns so you no longer have a dependence on drugs, alcohol, or any other addictive substances.
- Learn how to go into a relaxed state completely and use the power of your own mind to create the outcome that you truly want in your life through positive imagery.
Take advantage of a free introductory consultation where you can discuss your problem in a caring, nonjudgmental and confidential environment.
There is no obligation to proceed into therapy and the consultation is completely FREE!
Are you ready?
What Our Clients Say
Tracey takes the time to listen and understand my concerns. She has tremendously helped me control my anxiety and helped me with my years of insomnia. It was a great experience seeing her!